Caution | Outdoor water restrictions in effect

Stage 2 Outdoor Water Restrictions are in effect. Learn more about what you can do during this stage.

Learn more
Calgary Police Service

Report a crime


​​ All traffic collisions must be reported in person at your nearest District Office.

  • If the vehicles are drivable, please call your nearest district office. A list of locations and phone numbers is available here.
  • If the vehicles are not drivable, please call 403-266-1234. Officers will be dispatched to your location.​ ​

Reports you cannot submit online

The following crimes may require a dispatched call and cannot be reported online: 

  • robbery (theft with violence)
  • house and business break and enters
  • domestic disputes
  • theft of a vehicle
  • any type of fraud resulting in the loss of funds/personal information or property, including fraudulent use of debit or credit cards
  • incidents that involve lost / stolen citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, immigration documents, government cheques, or cash from the government
  • incidents involving firearms
  • stolen property for sale online, such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
  • stolen or lost Licence plates

To report any of the above crimes, please call the police non-emergency line at 403-266-1234. For emergencies or crimes in progress, call 9-1-1.

If you are seeking information about mental health supports, please contact our community partner, 211 Alberta.

Reports you can submit online

  • Theft from vehicle (carprowling) – no limit on value of property
  • Theft of property – no limit on value of property
  • Theft of credit or debit card, regardless of whether there has been fraudulent use.
  • Mischief to vehicle, such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision, such as paint transfer
  • Mischief to property, such as vandalism
  • Lost property, except for government-issued ID, such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government-issued documents 
  • Attempted stolen vehicle, regardless of the value of damage
  • Break & enter an unlocked premise, such as entry gained by unknown persons to detached garages, secure parkades, vehicle parkades, porches, sheds, storage lockers and laundry rooms. If entry is forced, such as kicked-in door or a cut lock, call 403-266-1234
  • Theft from a parkade or from a vehicle parked in a parkade where there is no forced entry. If there has been forced entry, call 403-266-1234.
  • Theft of mail, including deliveries from postal services.

Filing a false police report is a crime.

Note: Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

The Calgary Police Service Citizen Online Police Report System is powered by the Online Citizen Police Reporting system from Coplogic Inc.

Other reports you can submit online

Submit a tip to Crime Stoppers:

Crime Stoppers is a separate entity that takes anonymous tips about criminal activity that is then passed onto the CPS. Report crime anonymously by:

Please note that not all tips submitted to Crimestoppers are investigated.

Submit a Drug Tip

If you have information about a drug house, or people who are selling drugs, you can report this information online.

If you want to remain anonymous, you must submit your information to

Report graffiti or vandalism

If you observe graffiti, please report it by calling 3-1-1.

Include the location (or closest address), description of the object the graffiti is on and, if possible, a photo of the graffiti. Reporting graffiti to 311 ensures the graffiti will be cleaned up and investigated.


In an emergency always call 911

Non-emergency 403-266-1234