Caution | Outdoor water restrictions in effect

Stage 1 Outdoor Water Restrictions are in effect. Learn more about what you can do during this stage.

Learn more

TIPP Online - a new way to sign up

It’s easy, safe and secure. 

Your TIPP agreement contains unique property tax information specific to your property. Through TIPP Online, your customized agreement will be processed automatically. Once you submit, you will receive an email confirming your enrolment. 

You will need:

  • Your 9-digit Roll Number for each property. This can be found on any property assessment and tax documents.
  • Banking information: institution number, transit number and bank account number.

For more information see the terms and conditions for TIPP online.

Other ways to enrol

Information service request

Submit a TIPP information service request to:

  • request a TIPP agreement via mail or email to join.
  • get more information about TIPP.

We will review your request and will contact you within 7 business days.

Call 311

Call 311 to request a TIPP agreement via mail or email:

  • TTY Services: 403-268-4889
  • outside Calgary: 403-268-2489

We will review your request and contact you within 7 business days.

Visit us in-person

Walk-in service is available through our Tax Advisory Services counter. We will help you join TIPP and answer any TIPP questions when you visit us at:

3rd floor, Calgary Municipal Building (City Hall)
800 Macleod Tr. S.E.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For more information, please see the terms and conditions.

Questions regarding joining TIPP

I don’t know what my roll number is. Where can I find it?

A property has its own unique 9-digit roll number, which you’ll need to enroll in TIPP. The roll number is included on the front of your assessment notice, property tax bill, or statement of account. 

You can also find it online by following these steps: 

  1. Visit Assessment Search.
  2. Under Public Access, click Search.
  3. Accept the Terms of Use.
  4. A search tool will appear. Search by address to find the property you are interested in. The requested property will appear.
  5. Click the checkbox beside the property address.
  6. Below the address, click the Export Selected Property Report button.
  7. Open the downloaded report. The roll number can be found at the top of the page.

How long does it take to join TIPP?

Through the TIPP online form, enrolment is instantaneous. As soon as you confirm and submit your agreement you will have joined TIPP. Please note, incorrect banking information may apply penalties, service charges, and/or result in the cancellation of your TIPP enrolment. Double check your banking details before you confirm and submit.

If the TIPP online form cannot process an agreement for your property, the enrolment process time can vary. It begins with your request to join.

  • A customized TIPP agreement will be sent to you after your request is received. During peak property tax periods, such as May through June, it may take up to 7 days to fulfil your request.
  • You will need to return your completed agreement no later than the “return by” date on the agreement. Your agreement will have a “return by” date and a “start date.”

The TIPP enrolment process is complete on your “start date” after we have successfully withdrawn your first monthly instalment. 

Can I set my client(s) up for TIPP via TIPP online?

TIPP online is only for bank account holders. Third parties (lawyers, property managers, authorized agents etc.) must request a TIPP agreement through other methods. Third parties can request a TIPP agreement:

  • through the TIPP information request
  • by calling 311 (or outside Calgary: 403-268-2489), or.
  • visiting the Tax Advisory Services counter at City Hall (3rd floor, 800 Macleod Tr. S.E.).

Can I pick the day my payment comes out of my bank account?

​No. TIPP payments are withdrawn on the first of each month.

Can my monthly TIPP payment be withdrawn from any type of account?

TIPP payments are withdrawn from Canadian dollar chequing accounts. 

Line-of-credit, power-line or credit card accounts may not be used.

TIPP online is stating my roll number is “invalid,” how can I verify my roll number?

You can call 311 (or outside Calgary: 403-268-2489) to verify your roll number for your property. You must provide them with your property address, and we can provide your roll number.

  • For multiple properties and condominiums, please note parking stalls and storage units will have different roll numbers.

I own multiple properties and/or a condominium with an associate parking and/or storage unit. Can I pay my property tax for all my properties through TIPP?

Yes. TIPP agreements are unique to each property and you will need complete a separate agreement for each.

For condominiums, please note parking stalls and storage units will not have the same location address as your condominium unit. A separate agreement is required for your condominium unit, each parking stall(s) and storage unit(s) if applicable.

If you provide the same chequing account information for all your TIPP agreements, your monthly payments will be combined and withdrawn as one transaction.

What names do we record for the TIPP participant(s) on the TIPP agreement?

The TIPP participants are the names of those who are entering into the TIPP agreement (maximum of 2 participants per agreement). At least one of the TIPP participants must be the bank account holder.

If a company is joining TIPP, the TIPP participant recorded must be the name of the company and the name of the signing officer for the company’s bank account.

Who needs to check off the declaration or sign the agreement?

For the TIPP online form, the bank account holder must be the one to check off the declaration agreeing to the terms and conditions and authorizing the pre-authorized payments from their bank account.

For the mailed or emailed agreement, the TIPP agreement should be signed by all the TIPP participants who are entering into the agreement. At least one of the TIPP participants must be the bank account holder.

If the monthly payment will come from a company bank account, the signing officer for the bank account must sign the agreement on behalf of the company.

I just sold my property; do I need to update my TIPP?

Yes, your Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP) is specific to the property tax account. If you have recently sold your property you must submit your request to cancel your plan or visit TIPP - cancel TIPP ( for more information.

  • Cancellation requests are required no later than the 22nd of the month prior to the next scheduled withdrawal.

If you have purchased a new property, you must first submit your request to cancel TIPP on your old property and then join TIPP for your new property.