Household hazardous waste drop-off - Items we accept
Did you know there are household hazardous waste drop-off locations where you can dispose of chemicals, paint or other dangerous products?
Before you drop off items, make sure they are stored, labelled, and sealed properly.
These household hazardous waste materials can pose a danger to our workers, your family, your pets, your neighbourhood and the environment.
YES - We accept these household hazardous waste items
Old and used chemicals as well as empty containers for the below items can be dropped off.
- Brake and transmission fluid
- Rust inhibitors
- Rust removers
- Automotive batteries (These are lead-acid batteries. This also includes batteries for motorcycles, RVs, lawn mowers, golf carts and wheel chairs)
- Bleach and ammonia
- Cleaning solvents and spot removers
- Drain, toilet and window cleaners
- Hot tub and swimming pool chemicals
- Oven cleaners
- Septic tank cleaners